Bridge Over the Raritan River
Vital Statistics

Marriage and Civil Union Information

What to bring with you when you apply:

  • If you are divorced or have had a marriage annulled, please bring the divorce decree or the civil annulment documents.
  • If your former spouse is deceased please bring the death certificate.
  • A copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, passport or state I.D.
  • Proof of your residency.
  • Your social security card or social security number.
  • A witness (18 years or older) who knows both the male and female applicants.
  • The $28 application fee.

Download the Application for License Form (Requires Adobe PDF Reader to view)

Your social security number is required by law and will be kept confidential. The application must be signed in the presence of the Registrar. There is a 72 hour waiting period between application and license issue. Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.